YouTube is a powerful platform for video creators, influencers, and marketers. With so many options, it can be hard to know where to start! In this post, I will talk about the best YouTube tools on the market today.
Look, making videos is hard work, for real I have made hundreds of videos in my life and it is almost always more difficult than I anticipated.
It doesn’t matter if you want to create social media video content for content marketing, your business, increase your YouTube search rankings, or become a full-time YouTuber.
Having the right toolkit is just part of the game.
So with that out of the way let’s dive into my tested and vetted list.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links where I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase a paid plan.
Here is my ordered list for the best YouTube tools for 2021.
Best for YouTubers of all kinds
VidIQ is a great Chrome Extension for tracking youtube videos with SEO keywords, social media shares, and more. It also has a browser extension that allows you to see how your competitors rank in search results too! It is one of my go-to video marketing tools.
VidIQ’s has a ton of features for only being a chrome extension. Here are some of the key features available:
- Personalized video analytics tool
- Social share analysis
- Keyword suggestions and tracking
- Competitor research
- Search engine optimization (SEO) tools and insights
VidIQ’s pricing is broken into multiple tiers.
- Pro starting at $7.50 per month.
- Boost starting at $39 per month.
- Boost Plus Starting at $415 per month.
VidIQ has become the gold standard for YouTube channels across a ton of different industries.
It has a ton of features packed into this little product and I recommend every channel that is serious about growing on YouTube get this tool.
Bottom line is this: It is one of the best video marketing tools available hands down.
Try VidIQ today risk-free for 30 days.
Best for YouTube tool for small creators
If you want an easy way to upload and schedule Youtube videos then TubeBuddy might be right for you as they offer free plans up to 2 hours per month.
For a free browser extension, this Youtube tool packs a powerful punch and can really help grow your YouTube channel.
TubeBuddy is one of the best YouTube tools on the market for these key features:
- SEO tools like advanced keyword research technology for finding untapped video topics.
- Automatically create YouTube video titles and descriptions based on what is already getting views on YouTube.
- Completely free to use for up to two hours per month, which is the perfect amount of time if you’re just starting out on Youtube or not very busy with content creation in general.
- Optimize while on the go with the Android and iOS mobile app.
- Easily edit videos directly from their playlists.
TubeBuddy’s pricing is broken down into three tiers:
- Pro plan starting at only $9 per month paid monthly.
- Star plan starting at only $19 per month paid monthly.
- Legend starting at only $49 per month paid monthly.
This Youtube tool offers a free 14-day trial as well, so you can sign up and test it to see if it’s right for your needs before committing to anything long-term.
Best video editing software from beginner to advanced.
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the most popular video editing programs used by professionals and amateurs alike.
It’s a bit more complex than some other options, but it also has many benefits that make it worth the learning curve for people who take their YouTube content creation seriously.
This program allows you to do anything from basic edits to advanced color correction as well as a whole host of other features.
Here are some of the key features that make Premiere Pro the best video editing software for YouTube hands down:
- Wide range of export settings to upload directly to YouTube, Vimeo, online course platforms, social media platforms or save as high-quality files.
- Advanced features such as the ability to create subtitles with custom colors and fonts or even animate text.
- Monitor and control all aspects of your video from within the same interface.
- Editing crisp and clear audio with built-in filters, frequency analyzers, and flexible routing.
- Flexible workflow with a number of presets to make it easy for beginners or people who are only looking to do one specific task without the need for any training or editing experience.
Adobe Premiere’s pricing can be a little tricky because it is part of the Creative Cloud package, but I’ll break it down for you here.
Creative Cloud is a monthly subscription that gives you access to all of Adobe’s software and services for as little as $52.99/month.
You can also get Premiere Pro from the Creative Cloud by itself for only $20 more per month.
You’re better off going with the Creative Cloud bundle because it’s cheaper in the long run and give you access to other YouTube tools you will need like Photoshop for YouTube thumbnails your YouTube channel art.
Try Adobe free for 30-days.
Best for screen capture videos.
Camtasia is an excellent YouTube tool for screen capture videos (probably the best to be honest – check out my in-depth Camtasia review for more details.)
It’s not free, but you get what you pay for with Camtasia and it is the best option when you want to include live demonstrations in your content. You can even record your voice-over commentary while recording video.
Camtasia has a number of advanced key features like:
- The video editor is easy to use with templates and Adobe editing features.
- Includes a free version up to 20 minutes long which can be useful for testing it out.
- Full HD recording and editing.
- Allows you to save your video in a number of formats for uploading on YouTube, Vimeo, social media platforms, and more.
Camtasia’s pricing couldn’t get simpler.
You only have one option to choose from and that is a price of $249 for a lifetime license.
This is by far one of my favorite YouTube tools because it allows you to make quick edits to a video, create screencast videos, and a ton more for such a low cost.
Try Camtasia risk-free for 30 days.
Best YouTube tool for creating Video Thumbnails
This is the tool that all of the professionals use to create thumbnails for their YouTube videos. The tool is so powerful and easy-to-use that it’s worth investing in a monthly Photoshop subscription if you’re serious about your video marketing strategy.
Adobe Photoshop is loaded with features but here the key features that blow online editors like Canva out of the water:
- Content Aware Fill Tool that allows you to quickly remove unwanted objects from your videos and replace them with what you want.
- Puppet Warp Tool that allows you to move objects around without distorting them.
- Match Color feature will automatically adjust the colors and contrast of your images to match one another.
- Wide variety of masking tools including Pen Mask Tools for fine-tuned selections.
This is literally just scratching the surface on their features list. But for YouTube purposes, these are some of the key features that you would actually use.
Photoshop is also a part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud bundle that includes all of their products Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and more for $52.99/month.
If you are looking for a tool for serious YouTubers, then Adobe Creative Cloud is the way to go.
Try it free for 30 days.
Best YouTube keyword research tool
SEM Rush is a great YouTube keyword research SEO tool.
It will give you the search volume for any given term as well as a bunch of other valuable information, such as competition and ideas to help with your title, tags, descriptions, and more.
SEMRush is one of the best YouTube tools out there because it’s not only an awesome Youtube keyword research tool but it can do tons of things for your business.
SEMRush has a lot of YouTube SEO features such as:
- YouTube keyword research
- Google and Youtube search volumes
- Competition analysis
- Follower, subscriber, and view counts of any channel or video.
It also has a ton of other features that will help you with every aspect of your YouTube SEO strategy such as social media analytics, domain information, rank tracking, and more.
SEM Rush’s pricing is broken up into three tiers:
- Pro starting at $99 per month.
- Guru starting at $191 per month.
- Business starting at $374 per month.
SEMrush is a one-stop-shop for all your YouTube marketing needs.
Try SEMrush risk-free for 7 days.
Best for royalty-free music
PremiumBeat is a great resource for music.
They have a ton of royalty-free music that you can download and use in your YouTube videos without having to worry about copyright infringement or contracts.
You can also find production tracks, sound effects, and even custom scoring with them if you’re looking to create something more professional.
Here are some of the key features of PremiumBeat:
- A one-stop-shop for all your music needs.
- Music files that are royalty-free and ready for video editing.
- Custom scoring services available at an additional cost.
- Ability to easily preview songs and filter them by genre, tempo, and style.
This is a company I definitely recommend checking out if you need some good quality soundtracks to use in your YouTube channel content creation process.
They offer two pricing options:
- Standard License for only $49 per month. (The ideal option for YouTubers)
- Premium License for only $199 per month.
If you want the best possible music for your YouTube videos PremiumBeat is the go-to music option.
Best platform for stock video
Storyblocks is a stock video platform that offers a variety of videos for free to use. It is one of the best video tools for YouTubers who want high-quality stock video to work with in their videos.
Storyblocks key features are:
- A library of stock videos and footage, ranging from nature to urban environments.
- Music and sound effects added for an immersive experience
- Advanced searching capabilities so you can find the perfect video quickly.
- Dynamic pricing based on how many videos are downloaded per day. This saves time because it is impossible to know in advance which videos will be more popular.
Overall it is best for Vloggers, YouTube creators, and YouTubers for B-roll footage without leaving the house. It’s honestly not ideal for professional video editing or scripting needs.
Storyblocks has two pricing plans that apply to YouTubers.
- Starter for only $20 billed monthly.
- Unlimited All Access for only $30 annually ($360 per year).
They have a couple of other small plans for audio and video clips and effects as separate but the best bet is to get started with their monthly plan for only $20 per month.
Try Storyblocks risk-free.
Best for YouTube channel analytics
YouTube Studio is a free desktop app for managing your YouTube channel.
This application is best if you are looking to grow and manage your YouTube channel, or if you have a business with multiple channels that need some management assistance.
With the software, creators can access analytics information about their videos in order to make more informed decisions when it comes time to create new content for their audience.
Some of the key features of the YouTube Studio are:
- Audience insights on viewer location, age, and more.
- Basic video editing tools for creators looking to edit their videos on a computer.
- Additional analytics such as number of subscribers, real-time views, monetization metrics, and comments per video.
- Creator insights that tell you what kind of content your audience is interested in watching with information by topic like top trending topics or the latest news from YouTube.
- Data export capabilities so you can stay in tune with your channel’s performance.
Out of all the tools for YouTube on this list, this is by far the best 100% free tool. It will help you grow your channel and improve it in all aspects like analytics, audience insights, and more.
Second best overall keyword tool
Ahrefs is a great option for keyword research and to find out which of your videos are ranking in search engine results.
This tool is a good choice if you’re looking for more than just a basic YouTube keyword tool – it also will show you the competition, backlinks, social shares, content engagement metrics such as likes and comments per post on Facebook or Twitter.
The key features of Ahrefs YouTube tool are:
- In-depth YouTube keyword research data.
- YouTube video rank number and position in search engine results which can help you see how your videos are performing in Google as well.
Ahrefs has two main pricing tiers:
- Lite for $99 per month which is ideal for 1 YouTube channel.
- Standard for $179 per month which is perfect for multiple channels.
Overall Ahrefs is one of the best tools for YouTube that can also be a super versatile tool in your business overall. I use Ahrefs literally on a daily basis and I couldn’t be a bigger fan of the tool.
Second best video editing tool for beginners
Filmora by Wondershare is a video editing tool that is perfect for beginners. Filmora has a feature called, “Retiming”, that allows you to change the speed of your clip without changing its pitch or intensity- it’s kind of like time-lapse in reverse.
Filmora also offers more tools than other starter video editing programs like iMovie.
Filmora by Wondershare has a ton of features but here is a shortlist of the top ones you should know about:
- Retiming: Perfect for slowing down a video or speeding up footage without changing the pitch
- Clip selection tools: This allows you to select your start and endpoints in seconds, thirds, fifths etc.
- Layers: You can place multiple layers on top of each other such that they don’t have an overlapping
Filmora by Wondershare’s pricing is broken into two tiers.
- Perpetual license for a one-time fee of $149.99.
- One-year license for $89.99 that is billed yearly.
Filmora is compatible with both PC and Mac. It is a perfect tool for making fast video edits for social media clips or other small edits instead of having to dive into a full-stack product like Premiere Pro.
YouTube tools are programs and applications that help you upload, edit, or find content for your YouTube Channel.
The most popular programs are Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Camtasia, VidIQ, and PremiumBeat.
The top YouTube tools are VidIQ, TubeBuddy, Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia, and SEM Rush. Storyblocks is a more recent tool for YouTubers that have been gaining popularity in the past few years with YouTube content having a higher bar for production quality.
The tools you need to make a YouTube video can vary depending on the complexity of your project. The best tools for YouTubers from my experience are VidIQ, TubeBuddy, Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia, and SEM Rush.
TubeBuddy and VidIQ are the best browser extensions to tell you how many views, likes, dislikes your video has and if a specific keyword is trending. It also does competitor analysis like telling you who the top youtube channels are in your niche topic at this moment.
These tools can help you grow your YouTube channel in different ways. For example, VidIQ and TubeBuddy are great for finding out what type of content does well on Youtube. Adobe Premiere Pro is good for just about any type of professional video editing projects such as making how-to or tutorial videos. Camtasia is best if you want to make quick edits of your videos and it is also useful for screen capture projects. SEM Rush can help you grow your YouTube channel by boosting video rankings on Google searches with keywords that will make the viewer more likely to click on your video when they type in a search query.
Storyblocks is an excellent stock video platform for video creators who just want to quickly import and export footage. PremiumBeat is a great place for music producers, composers, vocalists, editors & engineers to find royalty-free songs that they can use in their projects without worrying about copyright infringement.
Alrighty, that’s a wrap. I hope you enjoyed my expansive list of the top tools for YouTube on the market today. These are a few different types of tools that will make your life easier as a YouTuber or content creator and should help to produce higher quality videos in less time.