Are you looking to create virtual business cards that you can share with your network instead of wasting precious marketing dollars on traditional paper cards?
Don't worry. We will show you how to create a digital business card you'll be proud to share with clients.
And the best part? The process is straightforward, including the business card design so you can make contactless business cards in no time.
Why A Digital Business Card Will Help You
Have you ever run into a potential client and realized you forgot your paper business card at home? Or maybe you didn't have time to make a new design, so you ended up handing out an old card that wasn't up-to-date?
A digital business card can help solve these problems. A contactless business card will help you network with new business opportunities through your mobile device. With virtual business cards, you'll always be able to share a digital copy of your contact information.
You're in the right place if you want make a digital business card from scratch. I'm going to teach you how to make a lasting impression by using digital business cards.
How To Create A Digital Business Card
Now that you know why you should consider creating a digital business card let's look at the steps involved in making one.
1. Use A Digital Business Card Solution
Start by designing your virtual business card using software or an online design tool. Some popular options include Canva, Adobe Spark, and other popular solutions such as Popl.
Best Digital Business Card
out of 5
You'll want to ensure that the electronic business card services offer SMART features so that your contact information can be accessed from various devices, including smartphones and tablets.
2. Create Your Logo
Now you'll want to ensure your company logo is ready to use. This can be done using a logo design tool or an online platform like Fiverr or Upwork.
3. Opt for Digital Business Card Design Templates
Many digital business card makers come with pre-designed templates that you can customize to suit your needs and brand identity. Choose one that works well for you and your brand.
4. Use High-Quality Images and colors.
Your digital business card should include a headshot or photograph. The image should be high quality and professional and match your brand's colors and overall aesthetic.
5. Include Your Contact Information
Make sure to include all your contact information, including your phone number, email address, social media profiles, website URL, and other relevant details.
Most business cards that use NFC I've seen commonly include the following:
- Your best social media accounts
- Contact details
- A photo of you or your company
- Any email signature as well
So make sure you have all that before starting your new contact magnet.
6. Test and Share Your Business Card
Once you've finalized your design, it's essential to test that everything works and that the QR code or other information links to the right place. Many electronic business cards can be shared directly through email or text, so share them with your network.
7. Setup Your Team With A Card
Now, if you have a team, you should consider setting up everyone with their virtual business card. This can be done quickly using the same software platform or simply using their third-party apps.
So when you create multiple cards, you can view them through your app and share contact information as needed.
Bonus: Make Sure Your Digital Business Card Is Up-To-Date.
Keep your digital business card up-to-date with the latest information about you and your brand.
The sweet thing about having a digital card is you can update all of the information through your mobile app or online dashboard. This is a great way to ensure your virtual card always looks professional and helps you stay top of mind with potential clients and customers.
Why You Should Create Digital Business Cards
Business cards are a staple for any professional. They are crucial tools for networking and building relationships. There are many reasons you should create digital business cards, but here are seven of the most important ones.
1. They're more convenient than physical business cards.
Digital business cards are more convenient than their physical counterparts for several reasons. For one, they're much easier to store and keep track of. You can easily add them to your digital wallet or store them in a document on your computer. You don't have to worry about losing them or having them get damaged.
2. They're More Environmentally Friendly.
Physical business cards are often made from paper, which isn't environmentally friendly. Digital business cards don't have this problem. Since they're entirely digital, there's no need to use paper. This makes them a much more eco-friendly option.
3. They Can Be Customized.
With digital business cards, you have a lot of customization options. You can add your company logo, photos, and colors.
You can also add links to your social media profiles and website. This allows you to make your card your own and stand out from the rest. I'd recommend changing the card's accent color and adding a personal profile picture to make it more memorable.
4. They're Easy To Share.
One of the best things about digital business cards is that they're easy to share with your contact list.
If you meet someone and they want your card, you can send it to them electronically. You don't have to worry about trying to find a pen and paper or having them write down your information. You only need QR codes or the clickable link to your virtual card.
5. They're Cost-Effective.
Another great thing about digital business cards is that they're very cost-effective. There's no need to print them out, so you don't have to worry about the cost of paper and ink.
You can also create them with a simple program or app, eliminating the need to pay someone else to design them for you. Since digital cards use a virtual contact file, there are no physical addresses or contact information cards to keep track of.
6. They Can Be Updated Easily.
If you need to make a change to your digital business card, it's straightforward to do. You can update the information in the program or third-party app you used to create. This is much simpler than having to reprint a physical business card every time you need to make a change.
7. They're Convenient For International Networking.
If you do a lot of international networking, digital business cards can be a huge convenience. Since it uses digital files, you can easily send them to someone in another country. You don't have to worry about the cost or time of mailing a physical card.
There are many great reasons to create digital business cards. They're more convenient, environmentally friendly, customizable, easy to share, and cost.
The Benefits Of Using A Digital Business Card
Although we discussed why you need to make a digital business card, let's go over a few benefits you'll get from using one.
1. They're easier to keep track of. Have you ever arrived at a networking event only to realize you've left your business cards at home? You can pull up your card on your phone or tablet with a digital business card. No more panicking about whether or not you have enough cards with you.
2. You can update them easily. Say you get a new job title, or you want to add your social media handles to your card. With a digital card, you can make these updates instantly without ordering a new batch of cards.
3. They're more eco-friendly. If you want to reduce your environmental impact, ditching paper business cards is a great way to start.
4. They're often more affordable. Printing paper cards can be expensive, especially if you need to print a large number of them. On the other hand, creating a digital card is often free or meager cost.
5. You can track who you've given them to. If you want to know which events or meetings resulted in the newest contacts, a digital card can help. Some digital business card platforms allow you to track when and where your card has been shared, so you can see which connections are most likely to result in new business.
6. They make a great first impression. A well-designed digital business card can help you stand out from the competition. Use an eye-catching template and include your logo, photos, and other relevant information to give potential customers a good overview of your business.
7. You can use them to promote your brand. Include a call-to-action on your digital business cards, such as a discount code or a link to your website or blog. This is a great way to encourage people to check out your business and learn more about what you do.
So now that you know how to design a digital business card, the next step is to use one. When you're ready to make sure your contact information is accessible for people to access, go ahead and create a digital card today.
With all of the great benefits offered by these cards, there's no reason not to start using them in your networking efforts.
You can use a free or premium plan and add all the information you need to the business card.